I tried breakfast cookies, bars, and energy balls over and over and over. None of them stuck.
But then. These healthful cookies changed everything. They’re the perfect combination of easy-to-make ingredients that don’t spike my blood sugar, keep me energized, and keep my tummy full.
Throw them in your bag and go.
No more hangry! For kids and adults!
If you freeze the cookies, you can take them out of the freezer and let thaw on counter, you can throw in a bag and eat when ready, or you can place in the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute. So perfect!
INGREDIENTS: THE OATMEAL COOKIES
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (made into flour)
2 very ripe bananas
2 Medjool dates
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 cup old-fashioned
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1-2 tbsp each of ground flax, chia seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, and cinnamon
RECIPE: THE OATMEAL COOKIES
Cook time 18-22 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add 1 cup oats to a food processor or blender and pulse until you get coarse oat flour.
- If using a food processor now add bananas, pitted dates, coconut oil, and an egg to it and process until well combined. If using a blender, empty oat flour into a bowl and then add bananas, dates, coconut oil, and egg into the blender and blend until liquid, then empty into the bowl with oat flour.
- Now add whole old-fashioned rolled oats, shredded coconut, and chocolate chips to the other ingredients and mix with a spatula. Take your time at this step because the oat flour absorbs liquid only slowly.
- The above process is the base, to make “THE” Oatmeal Cookies add the suggested “THE” Add-In ingredients and fold in.
- Now use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to make uniform sized cookies and place them on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Flatten them with your fingers about 1/2″ thick.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden. Then let them cool down completely.
- TIP: add or eliminate any “add-ins” to your preference. Using the “add-ins” increases the health benefits and energy sustainability of the cookie.
I hope you enjoy these cookies like I do!