For me, dinner needs to be versatile. Warm. Easy to assemble. Not to mention DELICIOUS!
This chicken fried rice is just that. I love it because I can easily make pieces of this meal throughout the week, then throw together in a pot for a warm, filling dinner than reminds me of takeout.
Making restaurant style food at home is a simple swap. All the comfort without extra ingredients you didn’t choose hiding out in there.
INGREDIENTS: QUICK CHICKEN FRIED RICE
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into 1/2″ pieces
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
3 cups rice (or preferred grain)
3-4 Tbsp soy sauce, tamari sauce, or coconut aminos
RECIPE: QUICK CHICKEN FRIED RICE
- Add sesame oil and chicken to a large non-stick skillet or wok. Cook over medium-high heat for about 3 to 5 minutes, flipping intermittently so all sides cook evenly. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces. QUICK PREP TIP: If using PRE-COOKED CHICKEN, add it thawed/semi-thawed to a wok over medium heat.
- Add the frozen veggies , and cook for about 2 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir intermittently.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir intermittently.
- Push vegetables to one side of the skillet. Add the eggs to the other side and cook to scramble, stirring as necessary. QUICK PREP TIP: If using PREPPED EGGS, add to the skillet.
- Mix all ingredients in the pan together. Add the rice on top and drizzle with soy sauce evenly. Add optional salt and pepper. Stir to combine
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until chicken is reheated through.
EASY ASSEMBLY TIPS
Make rice ahead (stovetop or rice cooker). Store in freezer (up to 4 months) or fridge (up to 4 days).
Cook chicken in the crockpot on high 2-2.5 hrs, chop and freeze.
Make extra scrambled eggs one morning. Store in fridge till ready to use (up to 4 days).
Don’t thaw frozen veggies before cooking.
I hope you add this one to your list. It’s saved my life more than once and I hope it does for you, too!!